jour·ney [júrnee]process of development: a gradual passing from one state to another regarded as more advanced, e.g. from innocence to mature awareness

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Family

Left-Right- Joseph,Lindsey,me-Jessi, Carli, my mom, Lawson, my Dad

Today I went to Chattanooga with my parents, Carli and Lawson to visit my brother Joseph and his wife Lindsey. We went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant. After the meal we were able to go rock climbing. Lindsey works for a rock climbing company so we went to the wall that she works at. Lindsey belayed while we climbed..so our lives were in her hands...we're all still alive, so she is trustworthy. Joseph and I reminisced about the good old days when we would go to this rock quarry near my grandparents house and rock climb...without a harness or anything. My mom apparently was not privy to the fact that when we would go there that we climbed, or at least if she did know that little peice of info she was not aware that in most parts it was about 50 feet high with a rock bottom and in other part above water it was higher. I didn't climb above the water (only above the rock.) Joseph did once when he dropped his shoe and had to climb down to the water to fish it out. Joseph and I had a great time climbing back there. It's a good thing that we never fell. Those were fun times..but I don't know that it was that smart of us. At the time it seemed like a great idea...we didn't have money or a way to climb with the harness and all or go to a rock wall made for that, but we did have this free rock quarry to climb. After climbing we went to the market (like a carft fair.) Then to walk around by the river. I was a fun day and I
enjoyed seeing Joseph and Lindsey.

No comments: