jour·ney [júrnee]process of development: a gradual passing from one state to another regarded as more advanced, e.g. from innocence to mature awareness

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rain

This morning as I heard the rain falling I snuggled deeper into my covers. My window was open and invited in the slightly cool breeze. My bed felt so good, like strong arms telling me to relaxing in their safety. My eyes feel dreamily back down...then the alarm in my head started going off saying "don't forget you have a math test! test! test!" My sleepy body argued back..."you should sleep! Relax! SLEEP!!!" I laid in bed for a minute more wishing that I could stay there ALL DAY! Yes it was that kind of morning lazy, rainy, dreamy. I wanted to get out of bed late, read all day and eat soup, but I got up, got ready and trudged to school. After the short drive to Columbia State I sat in my car watching the rain pour down my window. I sighed at the thought of running across the parking lot to the school where my test awaited me. As I dodged rain drops I wished for my rain boats and huge umbrella that I left in Honduras. I felt like sitting down right there and writing a book or something lovely...it was then that I realized that rain inspires me to write. Well as it was I sat down and did a bunch a math problems...some of them were word problems..but it wasn't quite the same as writing. I was in school all day. I wrote nothing lovely, I didn't write a book, but I did decide to come home and write a blog. I hope to do a better job of writing more regularly and posting it. I have been writing a lot, some journaling and of course LOTS of papers for school. But my blog is more of a creative outlet for me, so I'll do some pondering and meet you back here sometime soon, maybe the next time the rain pours......

No comments: